Mumbai , MaharashtraVisit Seller Store
Rs 169 Rs 198
Rs 198 Rs 529
Rs 357 Rs 299
Rs 298 Rs 250
Rs 250 Rs 290
Rs 280 Rs 485
Rs 219 Rs 480
Rs 280 Rs 290
Rs 210 Rs 290
Rs 280 Rs 450
Rs 249 Rs 265
Rs 215 Rs 399
Rs 179 Rs 360
Rs 340 Rs 249
Rs 169 Rs 320
Rs 310 Rs 280
Rs 260 Rs 439
Rs 339 Rs 265
Rs 215 Rs 349
Rs 209 Rs 105
Rs 105 Rs 222
Rs 221 Rs 115
Rs 115 Rs 250
Rs 249 Rs 247
Rs 239 Rs 550
Rs 549 Rs 222
Rs 221 Rs 715
1 K.G. of Whole Coriander / Dhaniya Seeds - An Indian Spice.
Quality: Grade A: Export Quality Product. Machine cleaned and packed in a dust-free, hygienic enviornment.
Country of Origin: India.
Also Known as
Dhania seeds, akha dhania
Coriander is one of the oldest herbs and spices on record. Coriander seeds are tan-colored, ribbed, lightweight fruits with subtle flavor that is warm and spicy with a slight hint of citrus flavor. Coriander spice has an aromatic sent which is soothingly warm, nutty, slightly fruity, and complex. Like other spices coriander is available throughout the year providing a fragrant flavor that is reminiscent of both citrus peel and sage. The fruit of the coriander plant contains two seeds which, when dried, are the portions used as the dried spice. When ripe, the seeds are yellowish-brown in color with longitudinal ridges. Coriander seeds are available whole or in ground powder form.
Crushed coriander seeds
Coriander Seeds can be crushed partially or finely as desired. It can be done with either using a mortar and pestle or a grinder. This can be a great addition to any sweet or savoury food items.
How to Select Select cleaned, uniform dried seeds with wavy ridges varying from cream to light beige color with aroma. It is preferable to buy whole seeds and toast them lightly in the pan before adding to any recipie as this brings out the flavor. Avoid Damaged and blackened seeds.
· Coriander holds a prominent position in the Indian kitchen. Coriander seeds, flavor many an Indian recipe with their richness. This spice is an important ingredient in pickling, curry, the Indian spice mixture Garam Masala, Curry powder & various Spice blends in India.
· Coriander seed is best known as an ingredient in baked goods, but also goes well with a large variety of foods such as omelets potatoes, cheese and even chutneys.
· Add coriander seeds to soups and broths.
· Healthy sauté spinach, fresh garlic and coriander seeds, mix in garbanzo beans, and season with ginger and cumin.
· Coriander seeds are generally toasted before being ground to bring out their full flavor.
· Coriander imparts a very pleasing fresh taste to dishes.
· In Indian dishes we first start with oil/ghee in a pan, then put some cumin or mustard seeds and then we put in coriander powder, turmeric and other spices and herbs.
· Add coriander to carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, potato and most other vegetables and the vegetables add for a musky, earthy and fresh flavor.
· Coriander seed is believed to be among the first few spices and is extensively used in drinks, food, desserts, and pastries
· You can perfume your perfect rice with coriander seeds by adding 1 tsp ground coriander to the cooking water or strive for a crisp flavor by mixing 2-3 tbsp of coriander seeds.
How to Store
Coriander seeds should be kept in an opaque, tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place. The whole seeds will stay fresh for about one year.
· Coriander is my Number 1 gas buster and helps to stimulate the appetite.
· Coriander seed can be used for making a medicinal tea to soothe an upset stomach, to treat indigestion, and mild gastrointestinal upsets.
· Sugar-coated coriander seeds are used as a breath freshener in India.
· Coriander is known to lower blood sugar by stimulating the secretion of insulin. As a matter of fact, it is called an "anti-diabetic" plant.
· It also helps the heart by lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol.
· Coriander's anti-inflammatory properties are used in treating arthritis. Here's a remedy you can use to get relief from the ailment. Boil ground coriander seeds with water and drink the concoction.
· Coriander can also be used to treat bacterial and fungal infections.
Daily needs specification
|Shelf Life||: 12 months|
|Weight||: 1000 gms|
|Food Preference||: Vegetarian|
|Maximum Retail Price (inclusive of all taxes)||: Rs.799|