Product Sold Out
Rs 99 Rs 250
Rs 177 Rs 140
Rs 120 Rs 250
Rs 250 Rs 110
Rs 110 Rs 198
Rs 198 Rs 120
Rs 119 Rs 105
Rs 105 Rs 100
Rs 100 Rs 230
Rs 138 Rs 55
Rs 55 Rs 18
Rs 18 Rs 65
Rs 65 Rs 40
Rs 40 Rs 20
Rs 20 Rs 195
Rs 195 Rs 160
Rs 159 Rs 100
Rs 100 Rs 310
Rs 310 Rs 30
Offer Get extra Rs. 40 off on Prepaid Orders. Use Code "PREPAID40" T&C
This product is currently out of stock
Mumbai , MaharashtraVisit Seller Store
Rs 580 Rs 310
Rs 309 Rs 44
Rs 44 Rs 200
Rs 200 Rs 300
Rs 300 Rs 260
Rs 259 Rs 565
Rs 565 Rs 82
Rs 82 Rs 370
Quality: Grade A: Export Quality Product. Machine cleaned and packed in a dust-free, hygienic environment.
Country of Origin: India.
Also Known As
Kala Namak, Sanchal powder
Black salt is a pinkish-grey volcanic rock salt mined in Darjeeling, India. It is a mineral largely composed of sodium chloride and its odoriferous nature is due to sodium sulphide, which adds to the special taste of eggs.
How to Select
• It is available in almost all supermarkets and grocery stores.
• Purchase dry, finely-powdered, packaged black salt.
• Ensure that there is no moisture in the pack, as it may turn into lumps.
• It is better to buy and store a few small packs of black salt instead of one big pack to avoid hydration when opened.
• It is used as a condiment in preparing various chaats, raitha, chutneys, etc.
• It is also used as a key ingredient in preparing snacks like the mint-flavoured pani puri.
• Many Indian deep-fried snacks use black salt as a flavouring agent. It is sprinkled on top of the snacks to lend its characteristic sulphurous sour flavour.
• Various brands of chaat masala available in the market have black salt as the main ingredient along with other spices.
How To Store
• The salt tends to moisten faster due to hydration. So, once the pack is opened, store it in a dry vacuum container of glass or plastic.
• Always close the container tightly after every use.
• Do not use a wet spoon to remove the salt from the container; else it will form into lumps.
• Since the sodium level in black salt is less as compared to table salt, it is prescribed to patients with high blood pressure or those on low salt diets.
• It is also known for comforting intestinal gas trouble.
• Black salt is considered as a cooling spice in Ayurveda, and thus helps treat heartburn.
• It is used as a laxative and digestive aid.
|Maximum Retail Price (inclusive of all taxes)||: Rs.249|
2 Ratings, 1 Reviews
Was this review helpful?