Everyone loves cake. Even more than that, everyone loves Cake that can be made at home with ease. Eggs, no eggs, oven, no oven- today we give out the ultimate recipe that everyone can use.
- Since we would cover recipe for both egg and eggless cakes, it is important to understand what distinguishes the two.
- The egg is used to give a rise to the cake and also bring moistness to it. However replacing it with ingredients such as curd and baking powder (or yeast) will also work as a substitute. All other things remain same for both.
- Also, you can use a pressure cooker instead of microwave/oven if you so wish to. There is a slight change for it that we will talk about later.
2 cups flour (maida)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder and 3/4 cup yoghurt
Or 4 eggs (instead of yogurt and 2 ½ baking powder, use 1 tsp of baking powder.)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
And, of course, Cake Mould.
- Sift Maida, baking powder, salt in a mixer bowl.
- Put butter and sugar to another bowl. Stir thoroughly and keep aside.
- Now in a cup add yogurt, water and ½ tsp baking soda (or put
4 beaten eggs and 1 tps of baking soda).
4.Now add both butter and yogurt to maida and immediately add 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Now using a spatula fold all the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients very quickly. Be sure not to stir or mix. Put the entire batter in a Cake mould. Make sure it is lump free.
- Now put the mould into a pre heated pressure cooker without pressure whistle and cook for about 30 minutes or put it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree Celsius and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, check if the cake is fluffy enough by putting a toothpick in it. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready. Now let it be in room temperature for 10 minutes and serve with a garnish or dry fruits and chocolate/ vanilla sauce.