By the end of the course, delegates will
- Be able to distinguish between the three major financial statements
o Income statement
o Balance sheet
o Cash flow statement
- Carry out the analysis of financial data using a variety of techniques, including Ratio analysis
- Qualitative analysis of financial and non financial data
- Review annual report and accounts of organisations, including the notes of explanation found in those reports
- Identify trends and strategies contained in financial and non financial data and reports
- Appreciate the nature and role of management accounting
- Understand the various elements of management accounting and cost management
- Identify the different types of production and service systems and the ways in which management accounting seeks to work with them
- Create periodic performance reports for management and others
Delegates will be provided with a series of videos, examples and cases that will lead them through the appropriate stages of development as they work from zero or little knowledge to the greater understanding that this course provides.
At all stages of the course, delegates will appreciate the interactive nature of it and will be immersed in the materials from the beginning.
At appropriate points, there will be quizzes and exercises to complete, including programming spreadsheets of varying levels of difficulty.
There will be fully worked solutions to all of the quizzes and questions set together with Excel spreadsheet solutions.