Color Blindness Ishihara Test Chat Books for Color Deficiency 38 Plates
The Ishihara Test is the most well known color blindness test all around the world.
It consists of 38 so called pseudoisochromatic plates, each of them showing either a number or some lines.
According to what you can see and what not,
the test gives feedback of the degree of your red-green color vision deficiency.
This test can only be used to detect red-green color blindness.
How the test works:
For each plate you have to either enter the number or you have to choose the number of lines you can see.
If you don't see anything just leave the input field empty.
The original Ishihara color blindness test was introduced in early last century and since then, it is by far the most well known color vision deficiency test all around the world. Dr. Shinobu Ishihara from Japan produced three different test sets which are widely used and which all based on the same pseudoisochromatic plates.
Dr. Shinobu Ishihara introduced in 1917—almost 100 years ago—the most well known color blindness test. Each of his tests consists of a set of colored dotted plates, each of them showing either a number or a path. Since then this is the most widely used color vision deficiency test and still used by most optometrists and ophthalmologists all around the world.
There are other color blindness test available, but none of them is as famous as the Ishihara plates. It is also well known, that even people with normal color vision sometimes struggle with this test. But nevertheless this plates are still in use in the absence of any better and still affordable color vision test.
- 38 Plate Book with Instruction Manual
- Accepted by leading authorities as a simple and accurate method for discovering congenital color blindness and red-green blindness, each in two forms, complete and incomplete.
- Includes four special plates for tests to determine the kind and degree of defect in color vision.
- Makes use of the peculiarity that in red-green blindness, blue and yellow appear remarkably bright compared with red and green.
- Color plates encased in specially designed album-type books for ease of handling. Detailed instructions included.